Fort Wayne Neurological Center is seeking a full time LPN-Office Nurse to work out of our west office. This position supports the physician in the care and treatment of their patients in the office. FWNC provides competitive compensation and generous employee benefit plans.
- Maintains exam room to infection control/OSHA standards. Escorts patients to rooms and prepares them for exams/procedures. Performs health histories, vitals, and statistics and documents these electronically.
- Performs routine/special treatments as directed by physicians (remove sutures/staples, clean wounds, injections). Reviews test results and documents electronically as well as communicating with physician.
- Communicates physician instructions/treatment plan/test results to patients. Counsels them about condition and medication. Responds to patient inquires and handles emergencies correctly and confidently.
- Fields patient telephone calls and responds accordingly.
- Communicates patient's status and needs to physicians or other necessary members of the practice as well as coordinating care with other healthcare providers.
- Prefer 2 years of previous experience in medical office setting
- Current LPN license issued by Indiana State Board of Nursing
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Familiarity with EMR systems a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $23.00 /hour