Front Desk Receptionist (Contract)
DiDi Chuxing ("DiDi") is the world's leading mobile transportation platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation options for 550 million users, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Minibus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Car Sharing, and food delivery. Daily rides have reached 30 million, allowing more than 31 million drivers on the DiDi platform to find flexible work and economic opportunities.
At DiDi, we're committed to collaborating with cities, communities, and the taxi industry to solve the world's transportation, environmental, and employment challenges with smart transportation solutions.
In 2017 we opened DiDi Labs, our first overseas research center, in Mountain View, California to not only be on the forefront of the most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies, but also serve as the headquarters of DiDi's international expansion. DiDi Labs offers the visibility and flexibility of a startup, with the stability of a mature company. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the skills, passion and drive to join us in transforming the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company.
We are seeking a front desk receptionist to support our Mountain View office. In addition to day-to-day administrative support, this person will help with project planning, event coordination, and workplace operations.
We're looking for someone who is a master at multitasking, following-through complicated details, and handling logistics with a can-do attitude and the initiative to go above and beyond.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and will have the ability to be resourceful and build professional relationships across the larger organization.
- Follow security procedures and greet and direct customers, vendors, and interview candidates
- Issue and track visitor badges
- Ensure reception area is neat, tidy and presentable
- Periodically inspect common area equipment to ensure good operating condition; work with Facilities Manager to arrange equipment service as needed
- Receive and handle mail, receive deliveries, prepare shipments and send out overnight packages
- Order and stock office supplies and lunchroom snacks and beverages
- Maintain office equipment and route building maintenance requests
- Help organize and facilitate team events and social gatherings onsite and offsite
- Partner with Office Manager and Facilities Manager on various tasks
- Act as liaison for the facilities management team with assistance ensuring maintenance tickets are acted on with a sense of urgency, and vendor work completed
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications
- Provide light executive assistant duties as needed
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Excellent organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- 2 years of recent front desk experience providing direct administrative support
- 1+ years of calendar management and expense report management
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent computer skills
- AA required; BA/BS preferred