Founded in 1967 by Mamon Powers Sr., Powers & Sons Construction Company Inc., is a highly respected commercial construction company. While corporate headquarters remain in Northwest Indiana, the firm has expanded to include fully staffed offices in Indianapolis, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois. Our commitment to excellence has allowed us to recruit and develop a top-notch team to undertake projects within our core businesses. Powers & Sons offers the highest level of quality construction services including: General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Owner's Representative services.
As a mid-size, family-owned General Contractor, Powers & Sons offers our employees the experience of working on large projects while still maintaining the feel of a small collaborative environment. At Powers & Sons, our commitment to not only our clients but also our employees is why for over 50 years we have become a staple in every market we work in.
We are searching for a Project Manager / Estimator to work on the Obama Presidential Center. This position will be based at the Lakeside Alliance Resource Center, 1750 E. 71st Street, Chicago. Lakeside Alliance is a joint venture between Powers & Sons Construction Company, UJAMAA Construction Inc., Brown & Momen, Inc., Safeway Construction Company, and Turner Construction Company. These five firms provide a team of experienced specialists who bring the most innovative solutions to the construction Industry.
The Project Manager / Estimator will be responsible for managing and executing the bid and award process in accordance with established WMBE/DBEcompliance, budgets, guidelines, and procedures. This is a great opportunity to learn, grow, and assume additional responsibilities. The project time frame is 2019 – 2023.
- Manage the bidding process in accordance with established guidelines; ensuring all pre-bid and award activities are proactively considered and completed in the best interest of the project.
- Create and manage RFP process including soliciting contractors and vendors and working with the estimating team to define proper and complete scopes of work.
- Scope Review and Level Bids
- Present bids at Review Meetings
- Provide selection recommendations to the Owner
- Keep track of bid packages and information by suppliers/vendors, requesting information and specifications as required.
- Create and distribute Award Letters
- Ensure contracts are accurately executed and contract terms meet established guidelines. Obtain approval as required.
- Oversee and maintain contract files in a manner that supports accounting and audit purposes throughout construction and close-out.
- Communicate with contractors, vendors, suppliers, internal clients and team, keeping them updated throughout the process.
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Maintain existing relationships with contractors and vendors, and establish new relationships to ensure adequate resources to continually improve pricing and quality of work.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5 – 10 years prior experience in the same or similar role in construction is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction related discipline; the combination of school and work; or the equivalent years of practical work experience.
- Must posses excellent time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Proficient analytical, problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed with the ability to effectively work both independently and with a team
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines
- Prior experience with meeting DBE and MWBE contracting goals.
- High initiative, strong judgment and solutions orientation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or Office 365 (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience with Procore and Primavera.
Competitive salary and full benefits package is offered with this position. If interested, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- DBE and MWBE compliance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off