As an experienced professional in Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture – namely, how can technology help achieve business goals – as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm to identify opportunities to develop projects and programs that are broadly applicable. Once you and your team establish a roadmap, you'll play an integral role in ensuring that ensuring that the project is running on time, within budget and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration and promote the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The Monitoring Project Manager will be responsible for directing and managing projects and large and complex work streams within the Consumer and Community Bank program related to the modernization of the application and infrastructure monitoring toolset. This program involves migrating from legacy monitoring toolsets (AppMon and Wily) to the strategic platform, DynaTrace Managed. The Project Manager will serve as a member of the CCB Program Execution Group and will lead efforts which will deliver significant financial, process, organizational, and technology impacts. They will be responsible for planning, driving execution, removing obstacles and articulating status and progress to senior stakeholders.
- This position is located in Plano, TX.
- Assess resource needs and negotiate to obtain resources required/right size project as appropriate.
- Work closely with senior business leadership to define requirements and vet solutions
- Establish the approach and define the necessary work activities (projects, BAU, etc.) to achieve project’s mission & vision, monitor & report progress, and address any issues.
- Manages project expectations and message to Senior Management on scope decisions as well as negotiates trade-off discussions as appropriate.
- Manage budget for project
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of project
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across contributing teams, various Lines of Business, senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors, and business clients
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture, and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Produce quality standard timely Project Management deliverables as in accordance with the Project lifecycle
- Motivate team members and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Influence change and communicate with diverse stakeholders and cross-functional team
- Direct and manage multiple large and complex projects across CCB
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional projects
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience with delivering in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- 2 Years + experience preferred with: AppDynamics, DynaTrace, ELK, Splunk, Fluent D, Kafka, Evolven
- Splunk Certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills, highly collaborative - can build rapport and credibility
- A demonstrated bias for action, creative problem-solving
- Strong presentation skills
- Organized and methodical with a sharpened ability to multitask
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure and dynamic environment, to develop strong client relationships and manage by influence