About Gibson – An Education Consulting & Research Group
Gibson Consulting Group, Inc. (Gibson) is a privately-held nationally recognized K-12 education consulting and research firm based in Austin, Texas. Our firm’s mission is to better the lives of students by providing exemplary consulting and research services that make educational systems more efficient and effective. We take this responsibility seriously…and we also have fun doing it.
Gibson was founded in 1998 by Greg Gibson, one of the nation’s leading experts on school system efficiency and management practices. Gibson has worked with over 250 school systems in 27 states, including six of the largest school systems in the United States. The firm has developed a reputation for delivering high-quality assistance to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of K-12 education at the state, regional, and district levels. Gibson provides services in four broad areas: performance audits, management consulting, technology and information management, and academic research and evaluation. Learn more about us at www.gibsonconsult.com.
Gibson is looking for an individual to support our firm’s growth in the management consulting and performance audit service areas. The ideal consultant filling this position will be expected to perform a wide range of analyses and develop client-specific and impactful recommendations for cost savings, process improvement, maximizing the use of technology, and the improvement of management practices.
- Conducting data analysis – the consultant will be expected to perform analysis of financial and operational data using advanced spreadsheet functions (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and nested IF statements). The ideal consultant will be able to analyze data and interpret results and relationships to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Performing process analysis – the consultant will be expected to develop and analyze processes to determine process inefficiencies, and other issues that inform recommendations for improvement.
- Leading client interviews – the consultant will be expected to conduct interviews of senior school district leadership as well as staff involved in the various aspects of the day-to-day work in school systems. The consultant will also be expected to apply diagnostic skills in identifying and understanding potential problems.
- Executing client and project team communications – the consultant will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally through written and oral communications, and possess strong listening skills.
- Writing reports – the consultant will be expected to write well-organized and fully supported findings and recommendations in a clear and succinct manner that is free of technical jargon.
- Delivering client presentations – the consultant will be expected to convey and defend our recommendations in a highly professional and concise presentation in front of district leaders and school boards in public meetings.
- Developing proposals – the consultant will be expected to work with the proposal manager in developing project scopes, work plans, and budgets.
- At least four years of experience in management consulting with an international or national firm
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters’ in Public Administration (MPA) desired but not required
- Experience in K-12 education industry preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal consultant for this position will possess knowledge in consulting, and embody the following skills:
- Strong data and process analysis skills
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, organization, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in any of our practice areas, often with little direction
- Capable of managing multiple responsibilities while ensuring prompt and accurate completion of required deliverables
- Ability to represent Gibson independently in front of clients and to adapt to working conditions at our office as well as those of clients
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 15 to 20 percent over the course of the year
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance programs
- 401k matching program
- Remote working arrangements available
Gibson Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time