Calvary Chapel Las Vegas is a church actively engaged in regular outreach ministries, special events, small group studies and of course worship services. The Coffee Shop Manager must be a born-again believer who professes their faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and whose faith is evidenced in character and service. This job contributes to the mission of Calvary Chapel Las Vegas by leading a service-oriented team to create and maintain an enjoyable experience for customers and visitors. The Coffee Shop Manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the employees, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the shop’s financial performance, and ensuring daily operational functions are fulfilled. The Manager is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with biblical guiding principles.
Days and hours fluctuate based on need and events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set goals for the coffee shop team, developing organizational capability, and modeling how to work together.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smoothly thereafter to keep the coffee shop operating according to the standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Display a “customer comes first” attitude by training and holding team members accountable for delivering excellent customer service.
- Drive the implementation of protocols and procedures by developing written action plans and directly motivating and instructing the team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manage with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the church.
- Plan, identify, communicate, cross train and delegate appropriate responsibilities and practices to team members to ensure a smooth flow of operations.
- Provide coaching and direction to the team to take action and to achieve operational goals.
- Constantly review key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the team to achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution
- Develop strategic and operational plans for the team, manage execution, and measure results.
- Monitor and manage staffing levels to ensure development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain operational requirements and efficiency.
- Utilize existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the team.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations.
- Provide functional expertise and execute functional responsibilities.
- Solicit customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of our community.
- Use all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence. Some tools include efficient labor scheduling, monthly status and financial reports, quarterly business review, cash and inventory management.
- Use discretion in accessing external resources to support operations and to execute initiatives.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in operational performance and the industry.
- Attend weekly staff devotions, staff and other relevant meetings
Team Building & Volunteer Development
- Provide team members and volunteers with training, coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
- Actively manage store team by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve performance.
- Manage ongoing team performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Challenge and inspire the team to achieve results.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments.
- Ensure the team adheres to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Utilize and demonstrate effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful team resulting in an environment where team members are valued and respected.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible retail experience
- Must have at least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must have at least 1 year of customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment
- Must have experience analyzing financial reports
- Must be able to work some holidays and weekends
- Must have the ability using English to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Must have the ability to manage operations independently
- Must have the ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Must have the ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times
- Must have a general understanding of typical coffee shop equipment and its use
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have an understanding and use of good customer service techniques and practices
- Must have an understanding of supervisory practices and procedures
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent Team-building skills
- Must have strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Must have the ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Must have the ability to handle confrontational people
- Must have the ability to handle confidential information
- Must be able to constantly able to maneuver around
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions
- Must have manual dexterity in hands and fingers to handle, feel, touch, and reach
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have vocal and vision abilities such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work with moderate noise levels
- Puts the customer first
- Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience
- Works well with, listens and communicates well with others in and outside of the church
- Creates a positive and productive team environment
- Demonstrates servant leadership
- Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty
- Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve self and others
- Leads with trust, honesty and commitment
- Able to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential
- Achieves timely results
- Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results
- Demonstrates knowledge of core products, equipment and processes needed to achieve desired results
- Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or mitigate their impact
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 1 year
- retail or restaurant customer service: 1 year
- Christian Faith: 1 year
Required work authorization: