Aquatics/Waterfront Manager - Camp Addisone Boyce
Girls Scouts Heart of the Hudson seeks an Aquatics Manager for our summer camp program at Camp Addisone Boyce
The camp is located in Tomkins Cove, NY. Camp dates are from June 24th – August 9th. Seasonal salary.
- Located in Tomkins Cove, Rockland County, shares a border with Harriman State Park.
- Camp Sessions are Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
- Bus Transportation is available at locations in Rockland County, Lower Orange County, & Northern Westchester.
- Camp Addisone Boyce’s facility allows girls to experience archery, ropes courses, boating, swimming, fishing, and so much more.
To organize and administer activities at the waterfront/pool consistent with Girl Scouts of the USA, American Camp Association and NYS Department of Health standards;to integrate waterfront/pool activities with other specialized camp events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & carry out waterfront/pool activities with the waterfront/pool staff. Direct and supervise waterfront/pool staff.
- During pre-camp and throughout the camp sessions, train & supervise the waterfront and lifeguard staff. Participate in general camp activities.
- Assess swimming ability and give instruction in water safety, swimming, boating, and canoeing if certified as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor.
- Develop and enforce waterfront safety measures for every person in camp in line with Girl Scout, American Camping Association and NYS Health Department standards.
- Refer all first aid situations to Camp Nurse.
- Responsible for care and the use of boats, canoes, lifesaving equipment and other supplies & equipment; requisition necessary equipment and supplies during c& request necessary repairs & maintenance work.
- Keeps American Red Cross records for certifications and the Department of Health water testing reports. Keeps other records and makes reports as required.
- Additional duties are required for the efficient and safe operation of the camp.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and Waterfront Lifeguard.
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent.
- Three (3) seasons of previous waterfront experience. Willing to take aquatics management or supervision training.
Job Type: Temporary
- waterfront: 3 years (Preferred)
- Stony Point, NY (Preferred)
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (Required)