Must be within commuting distance to our HQ on Bainbridge Island or willing to relocate. This is an onsite role.
TriStrata Group is growing! We're looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer that brings a wide range of skills and experience to the table from hands on engineering to product management and release of finish goods. In this role you will work to conceive, design, evaluate, and produce new types of automation and control PCB’s. You’ll also be working with contract manufactures to produce prototype and production hardware and effectively digest commercial/ industrial requirements and wish lists into a realistic actionable strategy and execution.
Skills you’ll bring to the table:
- PLC Programming (Siemens TIA Portal preferred)
- Experience with industrial controls and systems design/integration.
- Demonstrated start-to-finish design skills with industry-standard CAD/EDA tools (Altium Designer experience strongly preferred), including schematic entry, PCB layout, component definition, and CAD library management
- Hands-on electronics prototyping experience, including soldering and rework of fine-pitch SMT components
- Strong lab skills, including the use of common test and measurement equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.) to debug complex electronic circuits
- Experience with embedded systems design and strong knowledge of common digital communication interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C, ModbusTCP)
- Ability to think and work across disciplines
- Firmware and software development using C, C++, Python, and assembly languages.
- A proven track record of designing
- Background in analog & digital circuit design, debug, and test
- Experience with circuit modeling & simulation, worst case circuit analysis, and electrical stress analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug circuit boards and sub-assemblies
- Analyze problems and apply knowledge of engineering principles to synthesize solutions in the design and support of products.
- Perform detailed design or analysis of larger design projects. Analyze requirements, devise solutions, and create prototypes.
- Understanding of EMI/RFI design requirements for products intended for electrical certification.
- Ability to translate client requests into existing systems at optimal cost and time targets
- Experience with Linux systems, shell scripting, ssh.
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of Ozone Generation
- Regulatory compliance testing (e.g. FCC/CE/UL)
- Experience working with various sensors
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Experience working with BLDC motors
- Experience with industrial safety standards and safety design practices adhering to IS) 13849, EN 954, and UL508A
Software Engineering team
Mechanical Engineering team
Field Service Technicians
Flexible and friendly work environment
4 weeks’ vacation
Health and dental insurance, w/ flex spending account
Live the Island life! We’re on Bainbridge Island
About TriStrata Group
TriStrata Group delivers sustainable technology solutions that improve the safety & quality of the world’s food supply. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Wheatsheaf, who develops and invests in solutions to make a material difference in meeting one of the defining challenges of our time – providing enough clean food and water to meet the demands of a changing global population, in a way which benefits people’s health and wellbeing and
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years
- PLC programming: 3 years
Required work authorization: