Accounts Receivable Support Clerk
About Protective Insurance
Protective Insurance specializes in marketing and underwriting insurance for the transportation industry. Backed by our successful history and financial strength, we offer diverse, innovative products in the property and casualty insurance market.
Protective Insurance is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable Support Clerk for its Finance and Accounting Department in Carmel, IN. The Accounts Receivable Support Clerk will perform tasks that will assist in monitoring the organizational revenues, be responsible for keeping track of money owed to us by customers, preparing invoices, and updating records. Overall this individual will contribute to the accurate preparation of bills receivable and safeguard the company's income.
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts to other inconsistencies
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates, etc.)
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill
- Issue invoices and bills and send them to customers through various channels (mail, e-mail, etc.)
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments, etc.) and check for credibility
- Send reminders for payments through and contact customers when assigned
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information, etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills
- Report on activity to upper management
- General accounting experience or Accounts Receivable experience required
- Understanding of law adherence and confidentiality guideline practices
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High school diploma required, additional educational experience preferred