Part Time Visitor Experience Assistant
As part of Visitor Experience, the Visitor Experience Assistant creates a positive and welcoming
environment for visitors, contributing to the culture of genuine service. The Assistant will actively
engage visitors, enthusiastically promote the Museum’s services with a professional and positive
demeanor, and maintain an exceptional standard of service at all times.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the Museum representative responsible for enhancing the visitor experience, setting a
welcoming and friendly tone and image to visitors at the Museum.
- Responsible for activities at the Welcome Center including welcoming visitors, membership sales,
ticket sales, property checking, school groups, and information services.
- Provides visitors with direction and information and guidance on Museum exhibitions and
- Administers surveys and provides information for Museum reports as appropriate
- Addresses complaints and refers issues as appropriate to the Visitor Experience Manager
- Answers telephone inquiries and requests for information, RSVPs, and registration for events.
- Works with Education staff to assists school groups during arrival and exit, keeping groups
organized and serving as an escort for groups as appropriate.
- Organizes Program Halls for school groups; providing a space for coats and backpacks.
Experience in customer service and/or sales and be comfortable working with large crowds of visitors
including children. Must have excellent communication skills and computer knowledge. Must be able
to stand for long periods of time and be available to work some weekends and holidays.
Interested candidates should submit resume and letter of interest to:
49 Washington Street
Newark, NJ 07102
The Newark Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we
can only contact those candidates whose qualifications meet the requirements of this position.