HIGH SIERRA POOLS is looking for a full time lifeguard for an indoor pool in Annandale, VA with a start date ASAP.
We are offering flexible schedule, competitive pay rates, and a great team to work with!
- 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM Monday through Friday
- 7:00 AM- 8:30 PM on Saturdays
- 7:00 AM-9:30 OM on Sundays
This full-time position offers:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Eligibility to participate in the High Sierra Pools health, dental and vision insurance plans beginning of the first of the month after 60 days of employment (full time employees only).
Summary: Monitors activities in swimming areas to prevent, recognize and manage accidents in and around the swimming pool; maintains pool facility including water quality; and ensures a positive experience for patrons.
- Constantly monitors and regulates the behavior of patrons and co-workers to prevent unsafe activities and accidents
- Warns patrons of safety hazards
- Displays a positive and courteous attitude when enforcing pool rules and regulations
- Effectively responds to emergencies; executes rescues and first aid including spinal injury management
- Prepares pool area for opening and closing each day
- Supervises all facility activities and controls entry to the facility by monitoring use of pool and guest passes
- Keeps aquatic facilities clean including deck, restrooms, changing facilities, tiles, skimmers, windows, guardroom and trash receptacles
- Assists in the control of water quality, operation of pool filtration system, and water testing including recording chemical readings hourly
Qualified applicants will possess:
- Valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid, CPR-AED for Lifeguards, Bloodborne Pathogens certificate and a pool operator license
- If not certified, be able to meet the minimum swimming requirements for American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification class - More info here: http://www.highsierrapools.com/services/safety-training-certification/training-resources
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A history of reliability
- A positive attitude
Not certified? No problem! High Sierra Pools offers DISCOUNTED training classes for its prospective employees. Call the HSP office to register or find more information.
Interested applicants should submit an application online at www.highsierrapools.com using the link https://secure.highsierrapools.com/employmentApplication/v2/index.html
Call the HR Department for more information at 703.920.1750 ext.250.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour