Apply for Receptionist using the link below:
The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) supports people who have lost or left their homes. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.orgOpens a New Window..
The Receptionist is the first point of contact and is responsible for greeting clients and visitors to the office. The Receptionist will direct staff and visitors to various parts of the facility, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, and sorting and distributing mail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project professionalism through in-person and telephone interaction;
- Answer phones and transfer calls to the appropriate employees; and take/distribute messages accordingly;
- Assist visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them in a helpful, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Notify appropriate employees of visitor’s arrival;
- Maintain and update staff directory;
- Collect email daily from website and social media platforms and respond or forward accordingly;
- Collect mail daily from Post Office and shelter mailbox and distribute accordingly;
- Ensure timely posting of outgoing mail, including certified and expedited mail such as FedEx or UPS and acceptance and sorting of incoming mail and packages;
- Assist with ensuring the Shelter parking lot is utilized only by appropriate staff or visitors;
- Assist with maintaining security by following organization's security procedures and maintaining visitor confidentiality forms;
- Maintain telecommunication system and follow up immediately with vendor for any maintenance/repair issues;
- Coordinate with vendors for needed repairs and maintenance of all office equipment.;
- Maintain a clean, organized, and pleasant appearance of the reception area and supply room;
- Order and distribute office supplies and ensure that all office supplies are maintained at adequate levels including marketing materials such as letterhead, printed envelopes, brochures, etc.;
- Order lunches/meals when requested for organizational meetings/functions and prepare meeting rooms as requested; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated is not be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor(s).
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED; some college preferred;
- Minimum two years general office experience required; previous receptionist experience highly desirable.;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), and familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish is required;
- Professional customer service skills including excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, and maintain a professional appearance;
- Reliable, organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be proactive, possess the ability to problem solve and apply discretion;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
- Ability to work with diverse cultures, communities, and professional groups;
- Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate program services;
- Must pass a criminal background, child abuse and neglect registry clearance and other screening requirements including health assessment, Tuberculosis test and drugs test;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and composed under stressful situations;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, residents, service providers and others;
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make good and independent judgements or decisions; and
- Demonstrated support of USCRI’s values by exhibiting respect for others, maintenance of confidential information and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
- Satisfactory completion of USCRI’s Orientation and Training;
- Satisfactory completion of annual mandatory training; and
- Complete additional training as identified by supervisor, Program Director or Human Resources.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands;
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying;
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English and Spanish; and
- Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard measurements)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications with your online application.Apply for Receptionist using the link below:
References will be required at time of the final interview.
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time