Classified Support/Administrative Secretary
Stansberry Leadership Center
244 days, 7.5 hours a day
Starting Salary Range:
- Please see additional specific duties
The job of Administrative Secretary was established for the purpose/s of providing administrative and secretarial support to assigned administrative personnel; coordinating activities of assigned administrative personnel; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
Position reports to Director-Partners In Education/Library Media Services.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purposeof complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Coordinates a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g. meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. budget data, employee records, financial records, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned Administrator (e.g. account balances, work order status, etc.) for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- Prepares a variety of documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, event programs, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in compliance with established guidelines.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. time sheets, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements, budget transfers, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with administrative guidelines and/or regulatory requirements.
- Reconciles account balances for assigned budget categories for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances.
- Researches a variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/orrecommendations and/or addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
- Schedules a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications)
Skill-Based Competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Knowledge-Based Competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: business telephone etiquette; concepts of grammar and punctuation; and office practices and procedures.
Ability-Based Competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; displaying tact and courtesy; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; being attentive to detail; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
- Additional Specific Duties May Include:
Experience using technology
Adept at social media
Background in effectively managing financial records for multiple funds
Superior written and oral communication skills
Ability to work some evenings and weekends during event seasons
Ability to effectively work with volunteers
Comfortable with public speaking
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Certificates & Licenses None Specified
Required Testing None Specified
Continuing Educ./Training - None Specified
Clearances Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance