Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person - no matter where they are in their health journey - with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
Sharecare Health Data Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sharecare. The ROI (Release of Information) Specialist will demonstrate that they are culturally aligned with Sharecare Health Data Services, by displaying and working within the values of Servant Leadership, Family, Sharing Care, Compassion, Accountability and Respect for their leader and their peers. They will be innovative, open to change, and display honesty and integrity in all that they do.
***This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the Eastern, NC area***
This position is responsible for processing all release of information requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient's medical chart and returning chart, scanning medical record accurately and correctly and transmitting daily, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity.
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out).
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns, or problems.
- May receive incoming requests including opening mail, telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries, depending on the needs to the client.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area.
- Maintains working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or help out during backlogs
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all information.
- Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner.
- High School Diploma (GED) required
- 1 year prior experience in a medical records department or like setting preferred
- Must have strong computer software experience - general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Must be able to type 50 wpm
- Must be able to use fax, copier, scanning machine
- Must be willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player
- Must have proven customer satisfaction skills
- Must be able to multi-task
Information Governance Accountabilities:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Physical ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. of materials
- Manual dexterity and strength sufficient enough to enter information via computer keyboard for long periods of time, to write notes and information needed, and to pick up and hold paperwork, supplies and other items.
- Eyesight sufficient to effectively read documents and to accurately view information on a computer monitor
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to effectively communicate.
- Eye/hand coordination, hearing and visual acuity necessary for day to day tasks
- A high-level understanding of the organization's information governance program and role-specific accountabilities
- A thorough understanding of role requirements, including policies, procedures and processes, to include how individual work impacts the organization and its strategic and financial goals; and how tasks and projects affect the integrity of the organization's data and information
- Commitment to discuss questions and recommendations about processes and any observed variations in performing tasks in order to ensure a standardized approach to work and services provided
- Participation in education as required for corporate compliance and role-specific functions and tasks
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations
- Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity
- Maintain current and yearly HIPAA certification.