Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
We’re hiring a Global Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) Talent Management Director in Troy, MI (relocation offered within the USA).
As the Global EDS Talent Management Director, you’ll be responsible for using strategic human resources planning to improve business value and to make it possible for the EDS organization to reach its goals.
In this role, you’ll report to the Vice President of HR for the segment and be responsible for collaborating with business leaders to develop and implement talent management strategies across Aptiv Global locations. This role will help Aptiv advance talent and leadership capability, develop and drive activities to build top talent faster, improve engagement and performance and retention of exceptional talent. You will have the opportunity to drive a culture of career growth, promote talent mobility and enhance employee engagement and leadership company-wide, while partnering with colleagues and business leaders in the talent management and development of their teams. You will assist leaders with identifying/assessing successors, identifying and developing training initiatives, and monitor employee evaluations for effective high quality reviews.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Identify high potential employees and support their accelerated development and career progression in the company
- Facilitate and support talent reviews, succession planning and competency discussions with business partners and HR
- Assist in ensuring integration of Talent Management objectives into broader HR and business strategies
- Conduct regular competence reviews to identify capability gaps and subsequently develop and implement suitable capability development initiatives
- Monitor the performance management process to secure timely and high quality employee reviews – secure that training/development needs result in actionable development plans
- Proactively prepare and consolidate talent and succession planning materials to produce compelling presentations for Executive Leadership for critical roles in the organization
- Help solve problems from a talent standpoint that can come up: performance issues, difficulty communicating with their peers / managers / business partners, etc.
- Be seen by the company and to the outside as an ambassador of our values and culture. Ensure senior leadership understands the value of their involvement in building a “talent culture”
- Develops communications and presentations to share project information.
- Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessment as appropriate using a variety of tools
- Collect and track measures and metrics tied specifically to Talent Management efforts (High potentials, internal promotional rate, turnover of key talent, etc.)
- Lead global projects and ensure appropriate documentation and project plans are developed and monitored. Tracks and follows up on risks and issues and accurately reports on progress.
- Develop and execute integration plans for new leadership into Aptiv to include facilitation of New Leader Assimilation.
- Administers assessment tools such as 360° surveys and facilitates various focus group sessions to collect feedback for purposes of leadership development
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate a global organization
- Ability to travel up to 20% (domestic/international)
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
What you need to have:
Would be nice to have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or Human Resources
- 7 + years’ experience in succession planning, leadership growth and employee engagement for Executive, Senior leadership and middle management
- 7 + years’ experience in coaching, training and employee development
Traits we seek:
- Experience with HRIS systems (Workday preferred)
- Masters preferred
- The ability to get things done through others without any direct line manager authority. Self-starter, able to work independently and in ambiguous situations with minor oversight
- Run talent initiatives from start to finish: Demonstrate the ability to handle changing priorities while managing deadlines and run projects on your own
- Ability to balance strategic development, implementation and operational oversight
- Ability to grow and develop existing and new managers
- Ability to communicate in a manner that builds relationships and engages and values others
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources management to include staffing, performance management and employee relations, professional development
- Ability to think and write learning strategies as well as manage tactics and program details
- Ability to establish, review, analyze and continuously improve processes
- Ability to think strategically and work with and through people to develop goals, objectives and action plans aligned with the organizational objective and needs in order to drive department performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
Aptiv USA Rewards & Advantages:
- Ownership mentality – Enterprise thinking
- Challenge to status quo – Cultivates innovation
- Proactive Mindset – Truth on Talent
- Move decisively and execute on strategic priorities – Bias for Action
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world