Contribute to portfolio of reporting/analytics solutions across the business units in the analytics organization. Identify business issues/problems, form hypotheses, plan and conduct interviews, whiteboard sessions & perform reporting/analysis to synthesize conclusions, transform them into recommendations and develop a solution. Participate in small cross functional team to implement, test and deploy the approved reporting/analytics solution in response to the business (clinical/operational/financial) needs. Identify reporting/analytics improvement opportunities and provide proactive, consultative strategic solutions. Responsible for coordinating various reporting/analytics initiatives with end business users. Support reporting/analytics projects prioritization and planning as well as cconduct due diligence concerning business implications of planned solutions.
Consultation and Communication:
Project Management and Execution:
- Ability to collaborate and partner with management, project managers, and IT tosupport and implement reporting/analytics portfolio with the vision & goals of specific Hub/Spoke core teams
- Effective communication skills across the organization and at different levels, strategic thinking and actions to influence key stakeholders and business decisions
- Support day-to-day consultation to business users and participate and contribute cross-functional project teams
- Work with business stakeholders to identify business needs and support creation of the use cases and user stories satisfying those needs
Training and Guidance:
- Coordinate with other departments across the AO such as IM governance & EDW and support conceptualization and development of reporting/analytical methodologies, solutions and initiatives
- Aid in the development of project plans and execute assigned project plans to deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Support collaboration on roadmaps, dependencies, and execution plans across analytical units and with applicable teams in the organization
- Support the intake requests across the business units; track and monitor the work to ensure critical milestones are met, identify and report/escalate risks to management appropriately; manage stakeholder relations
- Obtain data, direct/execute reporting/analysis, perform interpretations and conclusions, and prepare recommendations.
- Assist in determining business needs by effectively conducting fact-finding interviews and leveraging various tools and analytical methods and then summarize findings in a coherent manner to develop and propose appropriate solution
- Conduct research studies that include collecting data from various sources, analyzing, trending and presenting the findings and recommendations to management
- Support translation of business requirements and unstructured business issues into data analytic problems
- Perform overall program evaluations (i.e., planning-implementation-completion/analysis-reporting) and other assessments such as change management assessments, workflow optimization assessments, etc.
- Support teams to structure data and analysis to analyze issues and proactively identify improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the work flow co-ordination while ensuring reliability, integrity, and timeliness of end products
- Support coordination of training for analysts in core and expanded business department
- Support in development of presentations/publications/point-of-views with senior leadership within the AO
- Contribute towards and assist senior leadership in developing a year-end value story to demonstrate value of the team and their contribution to progress towards the AOs and PHSs goals
Bachelors degree in a quantitative, business, or healthcare related subject. A Masters degree is highly preferred. Three or more years of combined experience in business intelligence, reporting and analytics preferably in a healthcare setting. Demonstrated project management skills as well as the ability to efficiently work with teams and resources. Experience working on complex analytical projects with diverse teams and developing data driven and outcome based initiatives to improve business decision making and operational efficiencies. Knowledge of health plan and delivery system operations, health care informatics, and healthcare benefits and terminology (e.g., care management). Understanding of operations in the Health Care industry and a strong acumen of business processes, including operations, delivery models and revenue models a plus. Understanding of program evaluation life cycle, predictive modeling, data mining, and clinical best practices preferred. Content knowledge related to program outcomes evaluation, BI tools (e.g., BO), data visualizations tools (e.g., Tableau), statistical software such as SAS and Modeling techniques, as well as general health service research and outcomes reporting/analytics. Working knowledge of healthcare industry and healthcare information standards such as HL7, LOINC, FHIR, ICD 9/10 and CPT codes, industry standard groupers (e.g., ETGs, DRGs, DCGs, etc.) as well as of health care delivery system processes. Excellent written and oral communications is a MUST.
Health plan sales
Experience with SAS, SQL, Tabluea, Mede Analytics
Commercial employer group growth
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Full medical, dental and vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Free wellness programs
Paid time off (PTO)
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
Continuing education and career development opportunities
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.