SCHOOL MISSION: Chicago Christian Academy exists to assist parents in the discipleship of their children by providing academic instruction that is distinctly Christian, inspiring a wonder at God and a love of His creation; by equipping a generation of critical thinkers ready to engage the world using the proven classical education curriculum and method; and by fostering a diverse fellowship of support and love through intentional and robust engagement with attending families.
Hiring in Late Spring 2024
1. Oversight of professional development and inspiration for teachers in Classical Christian methodology.
2. To make recommendations to the Head of School regarding hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty.
3. Conduct regular faculty meetings on an as needed basis.
4. Conduct formal and informal evaluations of faculty.
5. Secure and train substitute teachers.
6. Oversee the ordering, administering, and evaluation of standardized testing.
7. Oversight of preparing and/or updating the Family Handbook.
8. Receive curriculum inventory and supplies needed sheets from teachers at the end of the school year to determine needs for the following school year.
9. Order all textbooks and supplementary materials for the upcoming school year.
10. Be a constant presence to set the tone with the faculty and continually monitor the student culture.
11. Set annual class schedules conducive to the goals for the age group of students.
12. Conduct student admissions meetings with prospective parents and oversight of admissions assessment testing for prospective students.
13. Monitor the academic progress of elementary students searching for patterns calling for adjustments in curriculum and/or teaching strategies.
14. Oversee all discipline (including attendance) issues that arise and/or warrant an office visit.
15. Oversight of field trips and school competitions.
16. Evaluate and oversee safety and security, fingerprinting of staff, and First-Aid/CPR training.
17. Overseeing extracurriculars and summer programming.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. High moral character and testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Master’s Degree or higher in education.
3. Experience in Christian school leadership is highly preferred.
4. Experience working in a Classical Christian school setting is preferred.
5. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
6. Communication skills to develop a productive educational experience for both teachers and students.
7. Problem solving skills to enhance teacher performance and improve student learning.
As a Principal, you will play a crucial role in shaping the educational experience for students. Your leadership skills, communication abilities, and knowledge of educational practices will contribute to the success of the school community. This position offers an opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students and create a supportive learning environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your experience with Classical Christian Education?
- Education administration: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person