We are looking for a VMware NSX Engineer for our client a leading financial bank. Please see the job details below:
Position: VMware NSX Engineer
Location: Jersey City NJ
Position Type: C2C
Duration: 6 months
- 5-6 years of relevant experience as a senior VMware, Hyper Converged, hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with VMware NSX Data Center Application.
- 2-3 years NSX Design, Deploy, Install, Configure, Manage & operations support experience
- Minimum 5 years Server, storage, database, network & security fundamental knowledge
- Minimum 2 years' experience in micro segmentation & micros service applications environments
- Provide expertise in engineering secure networking technical solutions within a Virtualized environment using VMWare NSX.
- Requires expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server software, Windows Terminal Services, Citrix Presentation Server, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Active Directory, Redhat Linux, SharePoint, IIS and/or other industry standard server platform services
- Requires advanced understanding of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls and network protocols and services, including WAN/Frame Relay/MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- Python and Bash scripting
- Good understanding on project and program management
- Strong communication and technical skills, prior experience of leading teams and working on a highly process driven environment
Role & Responsibilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, VMWare NSX Data Center, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize.
- Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows using NSX, vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
Key Skills: VMware, NSX, RedHat Linux, IIS, vCenter, vRealize
Job Type: Contract
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shell Scripting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- Micros POS: 1 year (Preferred)