Maines is blowing past 100 years in the food distribution world. Come and join our expanding team for the next 100 years!
Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team!
Maines Paper & Food Service is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to oversee and coordinate activities of employees concerned with selection and loading.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped.
- Communicates and demonstrates methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock.
- Verifies not in stock in areas of freezers and coolers.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Issues written and oral instructions and provides coaching where there are methods or procedural issues.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of employees.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Adjusts errors and resolves complaints.
- Ensures reduction in error rates.
- Replenishes product in specified locations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Manages department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in warehouse operations or related role with a minimum of one (1) year in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food industry experience preferred.
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Direct Deposit
- Educational Reimbursement
- Boot Reimbursement
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Job Type: Full-time
- food distribution: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts