- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in 24x7 production environments
- 2+ years Linux experience
- 2+ years technical support or development experience
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
This is an exciting opportunity to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
Available locations include Herndon VA, Arlington, VA, Denver, CO or Seattle WA!
Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
- The Support Engineer position will be responsible for:
- Building, launching, and maintaining a suite of AWS services that provides the IC with state of the art storage solutions.
- Install and configure operating systems, applications, software, and system management tools
- Manage and maintain Continuous Deployment Pipelines
- Manage and monitor systems’ health and status
- 24 hour/7 days operations with an on-call rotation
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Want to learn more? Reach out to Josh Sacks (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Ability to use and modify scripting with a focus on automation
- Experience with IT Lifecycle
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Experience with file and storage structures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.