The Systems Administrator, Managed Hosting role within Merkle is responsible for providing Tier 2 support for infrastructure within the Merkle Managed Hosting environment. The Systems Administrator must be able to assess the scope and impact of incidents and services requests and respond with an appropriate sense of urgency following all applicable policies and procedures, keep up to date on industry trends and deliver the highest level of customer service possible. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Manager, Managed Hosting or Director, Managed Hosting. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Measures of Success:
- Troubleshooting and technical support of enterprise-class systems, with regard to ITIL/ITSM processes/practices while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned Information Technology platforms which include Public Cloud Platforms, Windows Server, LINUX, Storage, Networking and Virtual Environments
- Plan, coordinate and execute change management activities.
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices.
- Identify areas in need of improvement and develop a solution which addresses those needs.
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organization.
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions.
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Provide input to automation efforts.
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organization.
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required.
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
- Successfully resolve technical incidents/service requests within SLA/OLA timeframe with a high level of quality, escalating where appropriate.
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis. Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with PaaS, IaaS and SaaS
- Expertise with Windows Server and/or Linux operating system environments
- Demonstrate an understanding of Public Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Demonstrate an understanding of configuration management solutions (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience in system and task automation
- Utilize Git to maintain Ansible playbook and Ansible inventory of system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Virtual Environments (VMware and Hyper-V)
- Demonstrate an understanding of directory and authentication services, such as Active Directory, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Basic understanding of network topology and associated technologies
- Familiarity of a range of scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Ansible, Python etc.).
- Troubleshooting techniques and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities.
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Industry certifications, preferably AWS, RHCSA, GCP
- 5+ years of systems administration experience, preferably in a 24/7 enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- ITIL experience and certification highly desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.