Bonitz, Inc. is looking for a full time, dynamic commercial Product and Design Specialist who has the capacity to lead and influence both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop and sustain long-term relationships with general contractors, architects, designers, owners, end users, and internal team members. This person is an expert at learning and understanding the industry, prospecting new business, cultivating a pipeline of existing business, and managing multiple projects from start to finish in a fun, unique, team environment.
- Cultivate close relationships with the design community, including architects
- Work to help specify products through A & D firms
- Assist salespeople in specifying a product or products. Be the "go to” person when an A&D contact is required to secure project spec.
- Be the point person for developing strong vendor relationships with selected preferred vendors.
- Become equally familiar from a product knowledge standpoint with carpeting, carpet tile, hardwood, ceramic, resilient flooring.
- In addition to working with the design community, work whenever possible to cultivate relationships and specify product for end users directly. This is a very important part of our strategy.
- Attend as many vendor training sessions and/or vendor shows as possible.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail
- Professional Attitude and Appearance
- Entertain customers, off hours is required
- 3+ years of Interior Design or Architecture background required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferable in Interior Design or Architecture
- Commercial experience required
- Travel up to 30% of the time
Job Type: Full-time