Vermeer Southeast is a full-service dealer of Vermeer industrial equipment across Florida, Georgia and Alabama. Established in 1967, the dealership has 10 locations in the region with more than 180 team members dedicated to sales, parts and service. Now 100% employee-owned, the Vermeer Southeast team supports customers in the tree care, landscape, wood waste, organic recycling and underground utility construction industries.
Our corporate office is located in Orlando, Florida with branches in Boynton Beach, Clearwater, Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Pensacola. We also have branches in Buford, Marietta and Savannah, Georgia, as well as, in Birmingham, Alabama and some International Locations.
Vermeer Southeast is currently seeking an individual to provide exceptional customer service in our Savannah, GA store through the selling of parts and available dealership services using applicable marketing/sales strategies. Assists in inventory management.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with all contacts in a caring, professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Provide needed parts solutions to enhance customer equipment.
- Make quotes for price and availability to internal and external customers via fax, email, telephone and in person.
- Market dealership products and services by soliciting customers through applicable sales strategies.
- Call on potential and existing customers for the purpose of increasing customer base, maintaining current customers and increasing sales.
- Assist Parts Manager in analyzing existing inventory levels, customer demand and market share trends to maintain a profitable inventory balance.
- Assist with returns and warranty issues, including filing and tracking claims and ensuring proper credit is given to dealership.
- May assist with shipping/receiving and may load or unload equipment.
- Assist in stocking shelves, cabinets and displays.
- Adhere to department safety practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous parts sales or sales experience preferred.
- Equipment knowledge or previous industry experiences a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, must have good people skills.
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems.
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Computer skills required including Microsoft applications as required. Experience with business systems a plus. Good telephone manner also required.
- Can-do attitude is a must, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to equipment
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Health insurance with 0 deductible
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- parts sales: 2 years (Preferred)