SAIC is looking for a strategic Finance Director who will contribute to SAIC’s success by being the central liaison between the Customer Group Finance VP and the Senior Vice President and Operations Manager of SAIC’s $700M Civilian Markets Customer Group. The person in this role must be able to effectively interface and communicate with and for both the General Manager and Finance VP on customer group priorities to maximize return on investments and increase shareholder value. The Director of Finance confirms pertinent data and analysis support and influence customer group and customer decision making and that an efficient system for performance management is in place and operating successfully.
- Corporate-wide budgeting & forecasting – Collaborate with the CEO, CFO and other senior leaders to develop the annual operating budget and three year plan. Administer and maintain the accuracy, consistency and alignment of budgeting and forecasting information to support short- and long-term financial planning in addition to strategic intent/priorities. Perform Estimates at Completion (EACs), and possess a complete understanding of related financial policies.
- Management of financial reporting and analysis – Manage, prepare, analyze, validate and distribute quarterly and period close reporting and detailed variance analysis to aid in the management of the Customer Group. Prepare written and verbal reports to management regarding project status, cost and schedule variances.
- Cost center management – manage, prepare, administer and communicate cost center level budgets and tracking against actuals. Perform projection analyses of cash flow and profitability for projects.
- Review, format, deliver, explain, and follow up on collections against invoices to customers.
- Prepare internal and external reports on the financial status of the programs, perform risk assessments, including the development of Risk Identification and Mitigation plans.
- Ensure that the program teams establish and maintain cost/schedule baselines, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries.
- Lead team in areas of talent management, performance management, development and selection.
- Degree in Finance or accounting discipline with 15+ years of experience in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership position
- 5+ years of experience working in the federal contracting arena
- Strong financial acumen
- Polished communicator with experience in leading performance management
- Strong track-record of developing others & creating strong teams
- CFA and/or CPA
- Master’s Degree
- Experience using advanced functionality in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Previous experience in mergers and acquisitions environment
- Experience with Costpoint, Cognos and Oracle products
- Solid contract negotiation skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability