As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
Indeed is the world’s largest marketplace for jobs, and we have a unique dataset of jobs, resumes, applications, and outcomes. The Core AI team is a research and development group that collaborates with partners across the company. We address "big picture" problems with strategic initiatives, and aim to deliver transformative, long-term value.
As a Data Scientist on Core AI you will prepare datasets, train and optimize models, and maintain and improve model inference services. You will learn and apply new techniques from open source packages and research publications, and creatively adapt models for solving business problems across Indeed.
- Develop language models from prototype to production
- Implement best practices for evaluation, monitoring, and MLOps
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the company on model inference and product applications
- Participate in code review and process innovation for software engineers and data scientists on the team, and document your work
- Balance technical and product thinking, and show ownership for team objectives and Indeed’s mission to help people get jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (including Computer Science, Math, the physical sciences, the social sciences, or related fields)
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Machine Learning Engineer (Advanced Degree may be substituted for experience.)
- Prior experience in production machine learning delivery at scale
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working on Deep Learning Libraries, like Torch, Tensorflow, Huggingface, etc.
- 1+ year in training, fine tuning, and evaluating language models
Salary Range Transparency
- US Remote 122,000 - 178,000 USD per year
- Austin 122,000 - 178,000 USD per year
- NYC Metro Area 128,000 - 186,000 USD per year
- Seattle 123,000 - 179,000USD per year
- SF Bay Area 131,000 - 191,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43307
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $122,000.00 - $178,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Quarterly bonus
- Yearly pay
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- How did you hear about this role?
- Python: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote