*PLEASE READ before applying. REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE ARMYRESERVE
*AGE 17-34 only, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
*MUST HAVE High School diploma or GED
*TRANSFERABILITY to Civilian Work
*SUPPLY LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
The unit supply specialist is primarily responsible forsupervising or performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance ofall Army supplies and equipment.
· Receive, inspect,inventory, load/unload, store, issue and deliver supplies and equipment
· Maintain automatedsupply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies andequipment
· Issue and receivesmall arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas
· Schedule and performpreventive and organizational maintenance on weapons
· Operate unit levelcomputers
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed ServicesVocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understandyour strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a unit supply specialist requires 10 weeks ofBasic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training withon-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and partin the field, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
· Procedures forshipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
· Stock control andaccounting procedures
· Procedures forhandling medical and food supplies
· Movement, storage andmaintenance of ammunition
· Interest inmathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and/or typing
· Ability to keepaccurate records
· Enjoy physical work
· Interest in operatingforklifts and other warehouse equipment
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Clerical (CL): 90
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualifyfor.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay,and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlistingunder certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see ifthis job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-basedscholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for livingexpenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you’ll learn will help prepare you for a career as astock control clerk, parts clerk or storekeeper with factories, repair shops,department stores and government warehouses and stockrooms.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilianemployment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYSprogram is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with militaryfriendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans tojoin their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program athttp://www.armypays.com.
· AT&T, Inc.
· Kraft Foods Global,Inc.
· Sears HoldingsCorporation
· Time Customer Service,Inc.
· Walgreen Co.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: