Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are
highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Test Equipment Sustainment team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team
as a Test Equipment Sustainment Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
As part of the team you will support the Manufacturing and Engineering organizations within various business areas in repair, calibration, and maintenance of various pieces of manufacturing equipment within the Woodland Hills site to ensure Manufacturing continues to run with as few interruptions due to equipment malfunctions as possible.
What You'll get to Do:
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting on various pieces of electro-mechanical test & manufacturing equipment including but not limited to CNCs, etchers, rate tables, temperature chambers, vacuum chambers, and computerized test sets.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment either on a set schedule or as needed.
- Perform calibration on equipment on a set schedule.
- Correct malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Use hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May be required to work with hazardous materials, wear safety equipment and follow strict safety rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 2 years experience; Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Elecrical Engineering with 0 years experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 5 years experience; Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 3 years experience.
- Experience tearing down equipment to troubleshoot and repair.
- Must be comfortable using computers and Microsoft office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with all common lab test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzer, DMMs, hand tools etc.
- Must be flexible to potentially work second shift as needed.
What We Can Offer You:
- Experience working with Rate Tables.
- Experience repairing or calibrating single axis, two axis, or three axis Rate Tables.
- Strong proven ability to quickly analyze, isolate, troubleshoot, and fix problems with digital circuitry.
- Knowledge of automated test equipment design and architecture for low volume production lines.
- Experience developing preventive maintenance plan and procedure.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.