Dynamic Solutions Group (DSG)is a premier IT services providerhelping small and mid-sized businesses manage their technology systems through smart planning, execution, and management. We pride ourselves on providing innovative technology solutions to solve our client’s challenges!
Are you passionate about technology and customer service? We’re looking for energetic and highly motivated individuals who are ready to succeed with an innovative technology solutions company.
Position: HELP DESK IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Dynamic Solutions Group is currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Help Desk, IT Support Specialist to help us support and develop clients in the Downtown Chicago area.
Candidate must exhibit the following traits:
- Strong understanding of desktop troubleshooting (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated
- Willingness to learn and support new technology
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively document work performed by yourself and others
- Effectively explain technical issues, solutions, and status to clients in a manner they understand
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits; PTO, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability,RTA Transit Benefit Fare Program, Sam’s Club/Costco Membership and other benefits.
This position is located in Downtown Chicago, Full-Time, 40 hours per week;
The Help Desk, IT Support Specialist will work directly with customers, with a goal of resolving issues while customers are on the phone.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical remote and/or on-site support for clients
- Tracking of service requests/incidents by entering data into service desk system and ensure a response, work commitment and resolve times are within SLA guidelines (entire life cycle)
- Ability to assess technology needs/requirements and develop solutions to meet them
- Perform service request/incident escalation and coordination as required by service level agreements (SLAs)
- Perform daily review of open and closed tickets looking for trends, warnings or potential signs for any type of trending technology problem. If located immediately communicate with your management.
- Provide some on-call/after hours work when necessary
Customer Service Requirements:
- A strong client service focus and the ability to manage customer expectations
- Excellent verbal/written communication, people, and presentation skills
- Projects a professional and customer-service oriented attitude
- Can handle pressure and client demands effectively
- Must be willing to travel locally for client onsite visits, no overnight travel
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and self-directed
Experience & Skills Requirements
The determination to wow clients and exceed their expectations
- Experience with Help Desk Ticketing software
- Experience with all Microsoft technologies including client operating systems, server operating systems, Office 365, Terminal Services and Small Business Server
- Experience with Active Directory, Domain and Group Policy Administration, and Windows network administration
- Understand the concepts of a router, switch, and firewall.
- Knowledge of local area networks, and printers
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols
- Knowledge software applications and operating systems, including but not limited to Windows 7/10 and QuickBooks.
- Experience with security software for virus protection, spyware, malware, and spam
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Experience with IT support delivery through remote support tools, help-desk, and managed services
- Experience with Apple macOS a plus
- 2+ years of prior IT experience
- 2+ years of prior experience in Customer Service, phone experience preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to take initiative and manage time effectively
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Ability to project a positive service attitude
- A+ Certifications preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- IT Support: 2 years
- prior IT: 2 years
Required work authorization: