Hardypond Construction is hiring a passionate, highly-motivated Lead Carpenter/Superintendent with a growth mindset.
Top five reasons Hardypond Construction is a great place to work:
- Growing company with a great reputation for quality work
- Opportunity for advancement within the company
- 100% reimbursement for continuing education and learning
- As a family business we treat our employees as family
- In 30 years we have never had seasonal layoffs.
Hardypond Construction is currently hiring for a Lead Carpenter/Site Superintendent position to assist at our larger projects or manage the jobsite at our smaller projects. This person is responsible for executing the project schedule and managing subcontractors. This position provides excellent service to customers to ensure the plans and specifications are executed to the customers’ expectations. This person responsible for all jobsite safety measures and maintains daily project records. This is a hands on position and the qualified candidate will be working alongside others at the jobsite.
The minimum qualifications include:
- 5 or more years’ experience working as a Carpenter or other equivalent position in the construction industry.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities
- Knowledge of construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, quality control, and safety.
- Proven track record of managing people and leading crews effectively
- Able to read blueprints and demonstrate mathematical skills for material estimates.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clear driving record and a working vehicle
The successful candidate will be independent, trust-worthy, hard-working with a friendly demeanor. The candidate must have a history of prioritizing safety for the benefit of the team and our subcontractor community.
Applicants should send a resume demonstrating qualifications related to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Hardypond Construction has put in place additional safety measures at our jobsites and in our office to protect our employees, clients and subcontractors. Specific requirements will be discussed during the interview period.
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible