Under general supervision, responsible for the Technology Project Request intake, supply and demand (resource management) methods, tools and analytics. Reporting responsibilities include detailed analysis, development of dashboards, and decision support updates and recommendations on a regular cadence. Monitors adherence to established project management methodologies and quality standards for complex strategic projects. Provides portfolio and department reporting, performance measurements with recommendations for improvement, and trending analytic. The coordinator will at times provide project support for the Project and Program Managers.
Strategy & Planning
Prepares presentations and reports on status of existing strategic initiatives and technology service requests.
Tracks and forecasts future resource capacity and demand.
Attends various status, prioritization, and PMO meetings, along with administrative support for recordkeeping and follow-up with both attendees and non-attendees.
Intakes technology project requests including classifying, routing and facilitating the prioritization.
Coordinates with technology teams on smaller project requests to ensure completion.
Communicates status and next steps with requestors, sponsors, and other stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the request.
Ensures timely entry and updating of project and portfolio data provided by the various process owners. Escalates deficiencies to leadership.
Maintains timely collection and/or validation of status information from project managers and technology department leadership.
Responds to issues and questions, escalating to leadership as needed. Works closely with project teams in technology and business departments to quickly identify and resolve issues impeding workflow.
Validates portfolio-level reporting before providing to senior leadership.
Coordinates project, PMO, and prioritization related events in terms of facility, invitation, equipment, catering, and other logistics.
Methodology and Tools
Documents project deliverable templates and obtains signature on completed deliverables.
Ensure projects are following the established project methodology ensuring project documentation is accurate and complete.
Quality assurance of business cases, project plans, and other deliverables.
Researches best practice tools and deliverable templates to assist project managers and business stakeholders with preparing project documentation.
Develops and implements methodologies appropriate to the size and complexity of the project.
Maintains project documentation in easily accessible project repositories.
Acts as subject matter expert, providing informal advice and guidance to project managers and business stakeholders to ensure project management services and the established methodology meet their needs.
Provides training on how to follow the Project Management Methodology.
Provides training on how to use project management tools (templates and applications).
Reviews project and portfolio data, analyzes data, and prepares analysis and conclusions for management use.
Identifies key metrics in the review and analysis of project and portfolio characteristics.
Creates and maintains project scorecards, reports, and documentation summarizing findings.
Circulates project reports and documents to management and other stakeholders.
Recommends and participates in process improvements to enhance team and operational efficiency.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
- Obtaining status updates, resource availability, and project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Evolving a manual process into a more efficient project intake and portfolio management process.
- Designing accurate and efficient methods for capturing demand and supply for project requests.
- Gaining trust and acceptance from technology leadership and project managers to influence change management without direct authority or position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Project Management, or a related field, plus five (5) years of experience in an administrative or analytical role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with project and portfolio management, system development life cycles and engineering project methodologies required.
- Experience in federal, state or local government preferred.
- Experience with transportation industry preferred.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity and fingering for working with computer key boards.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop good business relationships with all levels of the organization including senior management and executives.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, large-scale technology environment.
- Ability to work independently, under general instructions, on multiple projects.
- Ability to identify stakeholders impacted by or involved in a technology project request.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into project and portfolio management issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Working knowledge of project and portfolio management tools.
- Working knowledge of the practices and processes of project management office.
- General office environment.
- Occasional travel to various CTA, vendor, and transit property locations.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
- Standard office equipment.
- Personal computer and MS Office including MS Project, Visio
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.
Sep 23, 2019, 3:52:34 PM
Full-time Permanent (FTP)