United States of America
Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Collins Aerospace - Riverside Advanced Materials and Process group is looking for a talented engineering student to work as a Summer Intern. Intern shall have fundamental knowledge and progressing technical expertise in Advanced Composites Manufacturing Engineering and ensures excellent manufacturing engineering techniques are being utilized. Adapts machine and equipment design, maintains existing quality and resolves problems.
- Work directly with and in support of Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to complete root case analysis and assist in development of countermeasures.
- General collection and analysis of manufacturing process and/or component data – physical measurements, research specification or drawing requirements, extraction from automated data collection, etc.
- Support the Quality Clinic and Aerostructures Zero Defect Plan initiative. Assist with the investigation and resolution of defects or causes of cycle time increase.
- Assist in the development of multiple automated and equipment concepts utilizing alternative resources to rapid prototyping solutions.
- Assist in the development of Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and quality targets.
- Ensures compliance with safety, productivity, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Kaizen, Continuous Improvement & Lean events including follow-up implementation and/or validation tasks.
- Assist in the review & validation of Standard Work for manufacturing task and activities
US Citizenship is required.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Candidates should be pursuing a B.S degree or greater in, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Material Science, Chemical or equivalent with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Candidate must be adept at problem solving and have solid analytical and observational skills.
Candidate should also have strong interpersonal, written, presentation and oral communication skills and function effectively in an environment with people of a broad variety of skill sets and backgrounds.
Candidate must be able to work independently, self-motivated, demonstrate the ability to strategically organize and complete projects/tasks on time.
Current computer literacy including Microsoft Office Products.
A fundamental understanding of advanced composite manufacturing and producibility is desired.
Exposure to Toyota Production System, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement programs preferred.
Functional knowledge of Statistical analysis or SPC is desired.
Experience with CATIA or other parametric modeling software preferred.
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.