Responsible for all aspects of standard and custom electrical, fire alarm control, and gas detection panel assembly in accordance with generated drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Compile components for a job according to shop traveling work order instructions.
· Verify parts and part numbers for a job according to shop drawings.
· Interpret electrical control and fire alarm control panel assembly/wiring drawings.
· Assemble custom assemblies according to panel assembly/wiring drawings.
· Operate digital multimeter for point-to-point checkout, voltage and resistance tests, and functional testing activities.
· Operate numerous hand tools (drill, orbital sander, etc.).
· Operate pipe thread machine, drill press, bench grinder, band saw, etc.
· Perform functional tests of completed assemblies and troubleshoot/repair as needed.
· Label and tag finished assemblies.
· Clean, touch up, and package assemblies after final inspection complete.
· Operate material handling equipment (forklift, scissor lift, boom lift, etc).
· Comply with all aspects of the DTI Health and Safety Program as it applies to position, as this position has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
· Comply with all aspects of the DTI ISO 9001 Quality Management System as it applies to position.
· Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
· Working knowledge of general industry practices for low voltage, instrumentation-type electrical panel assembly (PLC, DCS, fire alarm controls, etc)
· Working knowledge of general industry practices for 120v/240v/277v/460v installation, wiring and distribution panel assembly (receptacles, switches, lighting, heating, pumps, etc)
· Working knowledge of panel wiring techniques
· Working knowledge of rigid and EMT conduit bending, assembly and installation techniques
· Working knowledge of armored cable and cable gland installation techniques
· Working knowledge of electrical circuitry, including but not limited to, specifying wire type, gauge size, and conductor counts.
· Excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude
· High School diploma, or equivalent
· One year experience in a shop environment
Attributes and Attitudes
· Ability to maintain good working relationships with all levels of company employees.
· Ability to work accurately, paying close attention to detail.
· Able to stand for long periods of time (9-10hrs per day)
· Able to work in hot and cold environments (in a warehouse on summer and winter days)
· Able to lift 25lbs routinely
Able to lift 50lbs occasionally
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical Assembly Shop: 1 year (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Only full-time employees eligible