Heavy Duty Truck Parts Clerk
River Edge Truck and Trailer Repair is looking for an experienced Parts Clerk.
Work involves maintaining an inventory of parts at River Edge Truck and Trailer repair for Heavy-Duty Commercial Repair shop. Employee is responsible for inventorying, stocking, and issuing parts and supplies and/or purchasing assigned or designated parts and services from an approved list of vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
**Must have knowledge of commercial truck parts**
- Checks parts catalog/system for proper part identification. Contacts vendors to obtain pricing. Generates purchase order numbers.
- Receives shipments from vendors, checking vendor packing slips/invoices for accuracy and insuring quantities received are as stated; confers with suppliers regarding late deliveries; maintains appropriate records. Directly issues parts received to open work orders or places parts in proper location within the parts room.
- Enters receipt and distribution of parts/supplies into Operating System to update automated inventory records.
- Issues replacement parts to mechanics; assists mechanics in choice of parts.
- Assembles and fills orders as requested. Issues parts to open computer work orders as parts are distributed to mechanics.
- Conducts periodic physical inventory to assure proper availability of required stock; replenishes stock as shipments arrive.
- Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- Must understand and follow all safety rules.
- Uses a variety of materials and inventory operations equipment; such as forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, computers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- inventory control: 1 year (Preferred)
- parts counter: 1 year (Preferred)
- parts clerk: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
- Only full-time employees eligible