Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
Actively leading the safety program to promote safety, health, and industrial hygiene awareness. Conducting annual employee training on OSHA regulations and safe work behaviors. Maintaining SDS files in each department and master file. Ensure SDS's are on file for all products. Conducting safety training for new employees, temporaries, and contractors. Managing SDS inventory to ensure comprehensive for all chemical products and available in work area and master files. Providing annual employee training on all chemical products utilized and associated health hazards. Maintaining training records for regulatory compliance. Responsibility for the completion of all regulatory reporting requirements. Ensuring all environmental files are current and up to date. Assisting with tracking new regulations and assessing impact to operations. Developing and implementing plan for facility industrial hygiene program according to company guidelines. Conducting industrial hygiene air and noise monitoring for all applicable processes. Completing annual hearing conservation program for all employees. Coordinating scheduling of medical monitoring for all applicable employees. Preparing incident and other EHS related metric reports. Identify hazardous conditions/actions within the plant and recommend corrective measures. Review, approve and write Risk Assessments.
- Education: Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a 4-year degree in safety, environmental health, industrial hygiene or engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: In addition to the educational requirements, 2+ years of directly related experience in the EH&S field or in a related area. Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred. Requires CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) or other comparable certification or ability to obtain.
- Safety and Security: Embodies plant wide commitment for a safe workplace; acts as a role model on safety matters.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of company financial measures; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Organizational Support: Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity, promotes quality and safe work habits.
- Team Work: Blends people into teams, creates strong morale and spirit in team. Fosters open dialogue, shares wins and successes in terms of the whole team. Leads people to finish and be responsible for their work.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees. Superior presentation skills and ability to prepare effective training materials.
- Planning and Organizing: ?Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time