General Manager/Food Manager for new, high-quality, locally-owned cafe in Watkinsville!
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who:
*are passionate about a great dining experience.
*are organized and detail-oriented.
*can oversee daily operations, including food and beverage costs.
*are able to lead, train, hire and manage a small staff.
*has excellent customer service and communication skills.
*demonstrates appropriate decision-making and problem solving strategies.
*maintain a positive, clean, safe atmosphere and environment for both guests and coworkers in compliance with Health Department guidelines.
*maintain proper hygiene and an appearance that projects a positive company image at all times.
The Food Manager will be responsible for working approximately 25-30 hours/week behind the line, as well as approximately 10-15 hours/week (about 40 hours) on management duties, including, but not limited to inventory, scheduling, daily deposits, weekly reports, orders, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of cafe or restaurant experience, but it is not required. Salary starts between 30-35k, commiserate with experience and responsibilities; we also offer 2 weeks paid vacation and monthly phone allowance.
Looking to fill the position immediately with an opening date of August 1st.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Restaurant Experience and some management: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Setting and meeting goals for service, operations, and financial results
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Maintaining property and equipment
- Inspecting and adhering to safety and sanitation guidelines
- Performing front-line customer service