BioTelemetry provides real-time remote heart monitoring and analysis using our own innovative hardware and software products. Come join our team and have a positive impact on the lives of patients.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer with rich-client experience to help in the design and development of the next generation of applications to support our current and future medical device products.
The Senior Java Developer will design, develop, test, document, customize and implement software applications to support business requirements as well as current and future medical device products. He/she will lead the development of business critical applications and new messaging frame work engine using the latest Java/JEE and Web technologies by following approved life cycle methodologies, creating design documents, and performing program coding and testing in addition to resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. The incumbent will contribute as a strong hands-on technical member in project development activities, the translation of requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Maintaining and enhancing our current generation of software products used by physicians, ECG technicians, and internal business operations.
- Develop Java software modules using Java/JEE and database related technologies; manage and deliver enterprise level applications in a cloud, web based distributed, Java JEE environment
- Define architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications; work closely with product development team to translate requirements into high-quality, timely deliverables
- Develop production ready, clean, unit-tested, and refactored code in developing architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture
- Since this team provides software that supports a 24/7 operational support facility, interaction with end users that includes live support is required.
- Participate in design activities and own the development of the work assigned; work closely with QA and integration team to resolve issues
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Five (5) or more years’ experience designing, developing and debugging distributed Java web applications
- Strong experience with ORM/open source frameworks (Hibernate), core Java and Spring Framework (i.e., Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security) and J2EE platform (including EJB, JMS, servlets and JSP)
- Hands on experience in databases such as SQL Server, MySQL; demonstrated proficiency in writing complex DB queries, and performing SQL analysis and tuning
- Experience with latest messaging technologies (i.e., Rabbit MQ, Tibco)
- Solid grasp of architectural design patterns particularly as it applies to scaling web services
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (i.e., IntelliJ, Eclipse)
- Experience with versioning and revision control systems (i.e., Subversion)
- Experience with Web Services (i.e., REST/SOAP)
- Experience with Agile methodologies and in designing software solutions; comfortable with Agile development practices such as unit tests and code reviews
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders
- Demonstrated process, organization and collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment
Additional / Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience with installation and administration of application servers (i.e., WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Glass Fish, Wildfly)
- Experience with build automation tools (i.e., Maven, Ant)
- Experience with relational database concepts such as Oracle, UDB, SQL Server, data modeling, administration (i.e., DML, DDL)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (i.e., Jira, ClearCase, Subversion, and/or Git)
- Experience with continuous integration and build systems (i.e., Jenkins, FishEye, CruiseControl, Bamboo, Nexus)
- Database tools and design (e.g., Oracle, Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, AllegroGraph, NoSQL, AllegroGraph, RDF, and/or SPARQL)
BioTelemetry Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.