Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Oversee the daily operations and staff of the Customer Care Center including responding to customer inquiries &
complaints, SAP utilization and Customer Care Representative performance. Receives and handles escalated
customer complaints. Provides outage coverage and supervision during major and
minor storms. Approves customer refunds as needed.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Supervises team members to handle inbound and outbound customer calls with maximum productivity, a high
quality of customer service, and adherence to policy and procedures.
- Responds to escalated customer complaints.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests from the PSC and various other departments
- Distribute and audit work processed by team members.
- Provide coaching, counseling and performance feedback to team members. Handle routine personnel issues and
union grievance issues where applicable.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining a work environment that is customer-focused, recognizes achievement
and high performance, and promotes opportunity.
- Perform supervisory Duty, as required, during storms and other restoration efforts. Ensure the safe and timely
restoration of service by working in concert with outage personnel, the dispatch center, and service centers as
- May have budgetary responsibility.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of customer service experience, previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Company’s billing system and understanding of the billing process.
- Knowledge of PSC rules and regulations and other related rules.
- Knowledge of Company’s customer services policies and practices.
- Knowledge of SAP is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Results oriented, with the ability to troubleshoot complex problems related to customer accounts and take
corrective action when necessary
- Strong leadership skills and knowledge of the Company’s customer service policies and practices
This opportunity will offer
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of
41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified
individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to
apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department
at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.