Madeira is seeking an experienced Logistics/Project Manager to join its facilities department. The Madeira School is one of the country's premier girls boarding/day schools with a century of serving the needs of a wide variety of young women from around the country and the world. Located just outside of Washington, DC, on the banks of the Potomac River, in McLean, VA, Madeira enrolls 320 students in grades 9-12.
- Managing the completion of all work orders submitted pertaining to logistics
- Contracting and managing vendors for the successful completion of projects
- Managing and coordinating with in house staff and contracted vendors all special event set-ups which includes work on weekends to ensure successful completion of events when necessary
- Managing the service calls and maintaining supplies and submitting reports for photocopiers and fax machines
- Assisting with the purchasing of specific items as requested by Facilities personnel
- Supervising the delivery of business packages to the proper person or campus office
- Insuring all licensed Madeira vehicles have properly documented maintenance records and licensing requirements
- Maintaining and monitoring vehicle fuel usage
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of industry related experience.
- Ability to work within the overall organization of the Facilities Services Department and work with skilled and unskilled personnel as well as administrators.
- Ability to work in an independent, unsupervised atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) in English and be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- This is a physical job that will require strength and dexterity to perform all required tasks, including several hours daily of: Standing, kneeling, bending, walking and climbing stairs. Lifting and the ability to carry 50 pounds or more. Able to work on ladders of all types including but not limited to step and extension ladders (up to 40â€™), and on power assisted elevated working platforms (scissor lifts, etc.).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be accessible and available in the event of emergencies, inclement weather or when needed to meet the ongoing missions of the school. This position is considered essential. May be required to work overtime, accept call-back overtime or regular overtime, as needed, and agree to assume an emergency call-out list status.
Job Type: Full-time