The MFA Companies® (MFA) is a national accounting and advisory firm partnering with private, public and nonprofit entities across the U.S. and internationally to help them make smart business decisions and position their organizations for strategic, financial and operational success. First established as a CPA Firm over 35 years ago, The MFA Companies of today delivers tax, audit, business consulting and financial advisory solutions that help forward-looking, strategic enterprises and their leaders achieve growth and economic vitality.
MFA is headquartered in Tewksbury, MA and employs more than 180 seasoned business and finance professionals.
MFA is seeking to grow its accounting and advisory firm with the addition of an Audit Senior. This experienced individual will be the point person and will lead customer engagements. They will also have supervisory responsibilities and review the work of others.
- Customer Service
- Responsible for direct customer nurturing activities as assigned
- Provide timely, high quality customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Maintain the confidence of the Firm’s customers and promote a consistent, positive image of MFA
- Identify accounting assistance and new service opportunities with existing customers and bring them to the attention of the engagement manager/partner
- Audit Engagement
- Scheduling, completion of fieldwork and preparation of the financial statements
- Manage engagements toward approved budgets and actively communicating when delays or cost over-runs are anticipated
- Maintain an open line of communication with the engagement team and customers
- Anticipate and address customer concerns and problems as they arise and communicate to the engagement manager and/or partner
- Make efficient use of Firm resources
- Educate assigned staff in GAAP, audit procedures and financial reporting
- Take an active role in mentoring staff
- Help onboard new members, using the 30,60, 90, and 120-day plan template
- Recognize opportunities to share knowledge with staff; be a good role model and lead by example
- Maintain an open line of communication with the engagement team and customers, keeping them appraised of the status of ongoing engagements, any customer concerns, and the performance of the team members for whom you work with
- Further develop existing project management skills, including management of multiple priorities, active communication with peers and colleagues, etc.
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback
- Participate in a minimum of two (2) recruiting or networking events annually
- Complete 40 Continuing Education Hours annually as laid out in your customized Learning Path
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- At least three (3+) years of prior attestation experience in public accounting with no more than two (2) years away from working in public accounting
- Bachelor's in Finance highly desired with a Master’s in Business and a focus in Accounting preferred
- CPA license
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Two plus (2+) years' experience in a customer service or sales position in retail, restaurants, and/or consulting
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentation skills
- Experience with financial statement analysis and general accounting knowledge
- An aptitude for or experience with mentoring, coaching and development of staff auditors
- Knowledge of audit software, methodologies, and accounting research tools
- Strong organization, coordination and follow-up skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, an attention to quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Well-developed verbal and written skills
- An ability to work independently
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are innovative, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems - and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Location: Tewksbury, MA / Remote
- Hours: Full Time (FT) or Part Time (PT). For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.
The MFA Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all our members.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,066.00 - $120,835.00 per year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote