STARTEK is an international business process outsourcing company that provides exemplary customer service to protect and grow the companies that we serve.
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for developing and implementing recruiting strategies for all positions in a call center. This includes partnering with site leaders and workforce/scheduling teams to proactively determine recruiting needs for non-exempt and/or exempt positions while managing costs within site or departmental budget. Recommends and implements new processes for sourcing and assessing candidates and partnering with outside entities to drive quality applicants for all positions.
Recruiters are responsible for local branding and marketing of STARTEK in the local community working with the Recruiting Manager and Marketing Department. Make recommendations to leaders on recruiting strategies which could enhance processes and quality of hire.
This is a role that requires use of critical thinking, creative ability to source the right candidates via the standard as well as not-so-obvious methods and the capability to independently provide solutions to challenges.
We leverage tools, technology and learning opportunities to develop and execute strategies that emulate our mantras:
Essential Responsibilities for the Senior Recruiter:
- Performs day-to-day call center recruitment processes for nonexempt and/or exempt hires. Duties include but are not limited to: posting jobs on Taleo/Company recruiting management system; ensuring jobs are posted on appropriate job boards; ensuring Facebook and other social media tools are utilized; screening applications/resumes; and facilitating onsite testing/onsite interviews. Recruiters present qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviews; make job offers in alignment with company policies and pay guidelines; review post-offer information (background, drug screening) and make final hiring decisions. Recruiters update applicant status in Taleo/Recruiting Management System. Recruiters notify all candidates of hiring results including the handling of rejection communications. May involve coaching and training others on recruiting processes and systems; ensures site is in compliance with STARTEK hiring policies and that recruiting practices are in compliance with Federal or State guidelines.
- Strategy: Works with Recruiting Manager or Supervisor to develop a recruiting strategy to meet or exceed call center hiring needs. Duties include partnering with site leaders to develop hiring forecasts and ensuring recruiting processes meet the needs. Proactively develop and implement hiring solutions to reduce attrition.
- Act as liaison with recruiting vendors, area employment agencies and community groups.
- Reporting: Develops and implements weekly (or daily) recruiting reports to track recruiting results.
- May handle escalated issues and challenges from candidates who have been disqualified for any reason, working with HR Generalist or Recruiting Manager to investigate issues of dishonesty during the application process.
Expectations for the Senior Recruiter:
- Build and execute strategy with a sense of urgency;
- Work collaboratively, earn trust as a business partner and build relationships with peers and teams;
- Proactively follow-through on issues and communicate progress and strategy consistently;
- Mitigate risk and maximize a culture of accountability and respect.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- recruiting: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lynchburg, VA (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts