Reporting to Senior Management, with varying degrees of latitude for independent initiative, judgment and decision making; the successful candidate will perform professional, complex and responsible outreach, community engagement and field operations work on the Department of Sanitation with a focus on the residential Organics Enrollment Program.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the organics enrollment program (i.e., high-rises, non-profits, and City-Agencies).
- Conduct necessary administrative functions related to organics enrollment, including service provision, troubleshooting, and ongoing participation analysis.
- Organize, track, and evaluate program reach and impact through regularly reporting.
- Serve as Agency representative with community, civic, and business organizations, city agency and institutions on organics enrollment.
- Perform specific outreach duties such as site visits, trainings, presentations to a wide range of audiences and interest levels.
- Support with the implementation and maintenance of all NYC Organics programs (including curbside organics, food scrap drop-off, seasonal leaf collection, and compost distribution).
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
- Strong administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Proficiency in use of leading word-processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, including MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with community engagement.
- Interest in and prior experience in organics recovery, recycling, and sustainability.
- Interest in field work.
- In addition to English, fluency in a foreign language including: Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Korean, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, and Hebrew.
- Possession of a New York State Motor Vehicle Driver’s License.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Must apply via www.nyc.gov/careers or city employees apply via Employee Self Services.
To Be Determined / 35 hours per week (minimum)
44 Beaver St., 6 FL, N.Y.
New York City Residency is required within 90 days for this position.