THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CURRENT Top Secret / SCI w/ Poly.
Core One ( http://www.core1group.com/ ) seeks a Cyber Security Engineer to support an Intelligence Community (IC) Customer. Candidates should have a strong record of achievement in the IC and experience. This position is based in College Park, MD. Previous experience with the US Government, as a staff employee or contractor is desired.
- Providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems.
- Designing, developing and implementing security requirements within an organization's business processes.
- Providing technical and policy interpretation and guidance regarding information security issues in support of ICD 503 accreditation activities. Ensure that operational security for cloud solution is maintained for information systems.
- Developing and maintaining A&A documentation (SSP, Security Test Procedures, Security Controls Traceability Matrix, etc) and conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance Attained ATO in full cloud implementation.
- Providing technical direction in implementing defense in depth strategies for sensitive workloads
- Identifying deficiencies/weaknesses discovered in customer's systems and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities and non-compliance of systems, including infrastructure.
- Utilizing applications and AWS services to support audit and continuous monitoring functions to ensure the security posture of system.
- Performing insider threat mitigation, and alignment to NIST Standards
- Well-versed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and architecture.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline.
- 15 years' experience, 3 years in IC.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with Xacta 360.
- Experience working with scanning tools such as Nessus, AppDetective, and WebInspect.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), EC-Council.
- ITIL Certificate – Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
About Core One
Our mission is to be at the forefront of devising analytical, operational and technical solutions to our Nation's most complex national security challenges. In order to achieve our mission, Core One values people first and is comprised of outstanding professionals from the national security community. Because Core One is committed to seeking top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In addition, Core One is a team-oriented, dynamic and growing company that values exceptional performance.
Core One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.