Public Service Credit Union (PSCU), a company with heart, focuses on the families and communities it serves. You can trust your career with PSCU!
We are hiring a Junior Systems Administrator at PSCU!
Pay is commensurate with experience. This position is bonus eligible, based upon company performance.
Public Service Credit Union is a stable financial institution with 28 branches located throughout the Denver Metro, Northern Colorado, and Colorado Springs areas. We offer a competitive rate with an outstanding benefits package (for employees working 20 or more hours per week), which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a world class 401(k) plan with employer/employee contributions
Under direct supervision, the Jr. Systems Administrator is responsible for performing basic systems set up, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support. They will work closely with the network, security, and help desk teams to create a fluid troubleshooting methodology. The Jr. Systems Administrator is responsible for monitoring, diagnosing and resolving system issues, analyzing and responding to anamolies or suspcicous traffic, and executing backup and recovery processes for systems. They are responsible for providing superior service and technical expertise to internal and external members.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve Service Support problems for users of the core system, personal computer software and hardware, and network; effectively communicate solutions to PSCU employees and third parties.
- Provide one-on-one end user problem resolution over the phone for credit union approved software and hardware.
- Deliver, tag, sets up, and assist in the configuration of system devices and peripherals.
- Serve as an escalations point of contact for system related issues for the Help Desk.
- Configure and monitor system performance, statistics, and other metrics for trend analysis, audit functions, and reporting purposes.
- Mentor and guide Help Desk technicians in troubleshooting systems related incidents.
- Install new software releases and upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve system related problems. Perform backups and recovery.
- Maintain and monitor system infrastructure to include servers (physical and virtual), SAN, and network.
- Comply with best practices to deploy, support, and secure systems.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Exhibit support for the organization’s goals, values, initiatives and cost control.
- Comply with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance requests and requirements.
- Follow all safety and security guidelines to properly safeguard member and organization assets.
- Recommend and help develop and implement new policies and procedures.
- Embrace ongoing education and learn/apply new skills and software applications.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Education or Formal Training:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with technical staff and other senior management/credit union staff as appropriate.
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use basic manual tools for servicing personal computer equipment.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, Linux, Workstations, Microsoft Office, and other software packages to diagnose equipment, software or operational problems.
- Working knowledge of using, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer and server equipment.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of PSCU financial products and services.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulation.
- Ability to analyze and create network diagrams and documentation.
- Working knowledge of virtual technologies such as VDI and hypervisors.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software issues related but not limited to server OS’, commercial, open source, and 3rd party solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidences.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
One to three years of system administration experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
High volume, fast-paced, dynamic office environment with some travel. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including rotating shifts, on-call, evenings and weekends. The job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. The position requires manual dexterity and frequent lifting 20-50 pounds. The position requires bending, stooping, and standing as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Public Service Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
Public Service Credit Union is an E-Verify Participant.
Applicants – Please review the following attached notices for E-Verify and
Right to Work, prior to applying.
E-Verify Participation Notice – English
E-Verify Participation Notice – Spanish
Right to Work Notice – English
Right to Work Notice – Spanish