At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Contract Structure & Business Terms:
- Provide contract mgmt support as directed by Manager of Contracts on assigned programs. Includes basic contract mgmt tasks from proposal/pursuit phase through contract execution & closeout
- Develop clear understanding of customer & program requirements that harmonize with NGIS business strategy to ensure contract structure & business terms are aligned with both
- Revise terms & conditions to address provisions & risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination, indemnification & all other potential risk areas & recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Identify business risks associated with contract in partnership with mission assurance
- Ensure flow down of required terms & conditions to subcontractors & that subcontractor terms & conditions are appropriate for the work being performed in relation to the prime contract
- Assist Program Manager in communication & meetings with internal & external customers
- Prepare & manage written communications with internal & external customers for assigned contractual matters
- Lead the development of a comprehensive negotiation strategy/plan working in conjunction with Program Team
- Define negotiation parameters through delegation process (including goals/limits).
- Execute cost or pricing data certificate when required
- Lead the delegation process, ensuring proper delegation package is created & proper sign-offs are obtained
- Establish equitable payment terms, facilitate timely payments through coordinated oversight with Finance of invoicing process & ensuring customer compliance with contractual payment terms
- Implement the change mgmt process & coordinate with Program Mgmt to ensure compliance
- Monitor contract cost performance with Program Mgmt & Finance
- Assist Program Manager in achieving company financial goals for sales, EBIT & cash flow
- Ensure compliance with program schedule as outlined in contracts
- Following contract award communicate (together with Program Manager) contract, program, schedule & SOW requirements to program team •Under the supervision of the Manager of Contracts, develop solutions to contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements
- Enter contract data into Deltek CostPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Related Field rq’d
- 0-2 years of Contract Mgmt experience preferred or related educational training.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment on assigned tasks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & meet due dates as assigned by managers
- Excellent written, verbal, & computer skills with a strong ability to effectively communicate with internal & external customers Ability to quickly understand & learn contract mgmt & regulatory requirements
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks after receiving direction from manager
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.