This position reports to the Sales Manager - Major Accounts. The Major Accounts Executive manages all aspects of the sales process to specific customers within the assigned market segment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and implement sales activities that are strategically important to HT to achieve sales targets :
Focused on closing new and win back opportunities.
Develop sales contracts pertinent to customer's requirements and business solutions.
Cultivate customer relationships and advocate customer needs with other HT products/services to develop new sales opportunities and "second" sales opportunities.
Provide customer service in all business relationships that fosters attention to detail; enhances the value of the customer and increases customer loyalty.
Be innovative in seeking ways to recommend HT products and services to customers to meet their business requirements and close additional sales.
Attain assigned sales commitment including:
protection of revenue base, generation of new revenues and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Know the competitor and combat the competitors' strategies, strengths and vulnerabilities by developing action plans to fairly compete and achieve sales objectives.
Embrace and utilize current technologies to enhance sales.
Participate in "ride-alongs" as designated
Complete administrative responsibilities on time that includes Sales requests, customer-related functions and sales funnel management.
Develop a comprehensive SOW for project management to fulfill installation and implementation.
Effectively communicate with internal staff and external customers to resolve customer issues and minimize complaints.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Highly motivated and energetic individual.
- Able to initiate cold calls and actively "hunt" for new and win back opportunities.
- Problem solving and analytical - Ability to analyze complex deal structures.
- Strong writing skills - Ability to communicate effectively through concise writing.
- Strong oral skills - Ability to prepare and present presentations to customers.
- Strong Sense of Accountability.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Process oriented - Knows and understands how to create efficient scalable and repeatable processes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction including follow-up.
- Decision making - makes sound, well informed, fact-based decisions.
- Resourcefulness - Having the ability to resolve issues and increase business.
- Results driven with a sense of urgency.
- Change Management - adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Possesses the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge.
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise.
- Utilizes technology-based tools and processes.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Customer service orientation.
Education and/or Experience:
Professional training or knowledge:
- Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent of four (4) years of related work experience preferred.
Special Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Two to five (2 to 5) years of B2B direct sales in a technology-based or high activity related field is preferred.
- Sales person from a competitive environment desired.
- Demonstrated success in sales environment, developing and utilizing sales plans and strategies to reach sales goals.
- Experience in "vertical" sales markets and sales needs (healthcare, finance, etc.).
- Proven sales experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word) and other software applications.
- Effectively communicate with staff at varying organizational levels.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Consultative approach to the sales process from approach to close and follow-up of assigned accounts.
- Experience in utilizing current technological means of communicating (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, etc,)
- Planning for account penetration within assigned territory and account base.
- Personal effectiveness - participates on the team and achieve individual objectives.
- Technical - continually growing in technical capability and increasing market and competitive intelligence.
- Excellent time management and personal effectiveness.
- Able to participate to team success by supporting fellow co-workers and achieving individual objectives.
- May require working at other locations so must have a valid Hawaii State driver's license.
- Daytime work schedule; may require working nights and weekends.
- Work may be performed in an enclosed area lacking windows.
- Indoor work - Exposed to indoor conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, poor lighting, etc.
- Very strong creative skills
- Ability to multi-task at a very fast pace
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to many moving facets of the job
- Ability to make quick situational assessments and react accordingly.
- Requires leveraging leadership and a variety of technical skills to work across internal groups as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Requires alignment with the Company's F.A.S.T. Values.
Fierce Resolve - be Focused, Determined, Overcome the toughest challenges
Aloha Spirit - Heartfelt, Kind, Serve with warmth and humility
Superior Service - Exceptional, Extraordinary, Strive to provide the very best
Trustworthy - Honest, Reliable, Make promises a reality
- Requires alertness and attention to detail.
- Requires managing multiple functions and tasks.
- Work may be performed at various locations under varying conditions.
- Requires considerable standing, sitting, lifting/carrying supplies and materials up to 40 lbs, and reading paper documentation and electronic communications.
- Requires traveling to various locations and company branches and departments throughout the State of Hawaii in a timely manner.
- Required to meet multiple priorities and project due dates. May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
This job description provides a general description of the common duties performed by a person in this position. It does not include every possible duty an individual in this position may be asked to perform and is not all-encompassing. Jobs also may require "other duties as assigned" and such assignments are considered part of this position's job assignment. This job description is provided as a general summary and does not constitute a contract for employment, and does not in any way alter Hawaiian Telcom's employment-at-will relationship with any employee in this position.