$165,000 - $185,000 a year
Full Job Description
**Are you a talented Controller with the experience to lead and drive a world-class controllership and accounting group? The role is fully remote **Must live in the EST or CT time zone**
A fast-growing eCommerce multi-product brands retailer is looking to acquire a Controller for the team. We are a top 500 e-retailer and private equity owned.
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the accounting function. Implement rigorous processes while constantly searching for value in areas aligned with the company's strategic objectives
This will require an individual who has a strong background in accounting fundamentals and is willing to be hands-on. You must have at least 12 years of total experience and 6 of them in a Controller or similar level position.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Oversee the monthly closing process (including inventory reconciliations, bank reconciliations, etc.) and ensure that all financial statements are GAAP compliant.
- Coordinate and manage external statutory audits and tax compliance.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Team building: recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining accounting team employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Work with the CFO and management team to prepare monthly and quarterly updates to company stakeholders.
- A track record of transparency and effective communication (both written and oral) with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring the preparation of high-integrity financial statements by orienting the accounting team towards asking questions and understanding the business.
- Emphasis on collaboration, teamwork, and breakdown of silos to ensure functions are working together harmoniously and avoiding self-inflicted internal friction.
- Development of measurable goals and a culture of high-performance human capital management.
If this sounds of interest, please respond with your resume attached.
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.