Solutions Engineers (SE’s) are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of Akamai customers. SEs are an integral part of the sales cycle, collaborating with their sales partners to expand the breadth and depth of Akamai services adoption, ensuring growth and overall revenue retention. SEs are self-directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing customer technical relationships, and delivering on value confirmation tasks. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Create sales opportunities and drive revenue by managing the pre-sales technical process and demonstrating Akamai's technology to existing customers.
* Design solutions for customers business requirements using Akamai services.
* Create and lead sales opportunities through Technical Demos, Customer Analysis Reports (CARs), and Proof of Concepts (POCs).
* Balance multiple concurrent opportunities that may vary by contract value, sales cycle and solution set.
* Show high standards of technical thought leadership with Customers through activities such as consultation, presentation, technical evaluations, objection handling or general supportive discussion.
* Manage technical proposal process and ensure that all technical information and recommendations addressing customer requirements are accurate, properly defined and detailed.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of Akamai’s current competitive landscape.
* Comply with pre-sales processes, including account activity tracking to drive business analysis and reporting.
* Must be willing to travel up to approximately 50% of their time.
About the Team
Sales Engineering is the technical side of the field sales team, a world-class organization that strives to provide the “right” solution to our customers and prospects. Our Solutions Engineers possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen - understanding customer business drivers; matching those to Akamai's technology, and clearly articulating complex solutions to existing customers. SEs at Akamai are subject matter experts on Akamai Products & Services – which are tailored towards making websites faster, delivering high quality video streams and protecting web & application assets against attacks.
The Commerce team is an experienced group of industry experts and Internet technologists working with the top retailers in the IR 100, the growing retailers and the largest travel & hospitality companies. With varying backgrounds across the Commerce sector, they engage with our customers to consult on industry best practices, design solutions, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree or
* 3+ years of experience in a “customer facing” environment such as technical sales or consulting.
* 3+ years of experience with Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS and HTTP/HTTPS.
* Understanding of Internet Architecture and Networking concepts
* Knowledge of Internet technologies, web analytics, and digital performance management solutions.
* Experience on web security and in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity space
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients.
* Must have experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships and exhibit strong account management skills.
* Experience in the eCommerce & Retail Industry is a plus.