Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national security? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to design data flows in support of a wide variety of intelligence community (IC) customer missions. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and modernize mission data architecture. You’ll develop your skills in systems engineering and data flow management while gaining experience in mission data and Cloud technologies. Grow your skills by merging systems engineering and data science to create modernized data flow infrastructure. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience with systems engineering in programs or contracts within the federal government
- Experience defining requirements, use cases or interfaces,
- Experience with definition, configuration, test, or validation of system interfaces, data flows, or workflows
- Experience with system or software testing or conducting verification and validation
- Ability to develop engineering diagrams, processes, or workflows using drawing tools, including Microsoft Visio
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree in System Engineering, CS, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or Engineering Management; 5 additional years of experience in systems engineering in lieu of degree
- Experience with mission data flows or mission data formats
- Experience in a role providing Tier 1 or related customer support
- Knowledge of the signal intelligence (SIGINT) life cycle
- Knowledge of policies and legal authorities for mission data
- Knowledge of general distributed processing methodology, Cloud based architectures, and technology
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.