Our client is a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and Americas. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Based in Tucson, Arizona, the Specialist Communications will be responsible for the execution and facilitation of internal and external communications. Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Lead, this role will be key to managing the relationship with local media.
- Champion the operating model, Values, Code of Conduct and Care Strategy and relentlessly addressing deviations from these.
- Planning, developing and implementing local integrated communications campaigns to support the Hermosa communications strategy.
- Creating advocacy for Hermosa by raising awareness of the project’s positive social and economic impact.
- Supporting high levels of engagement between senior management and employees
- Effectively managing any issues that threaten reputation.
- Developing and managing the delivery of the Hermosa communications strategy.
- Supporting Corporate communications by drafting and submitting positive news stories for distribution via internal and external corporate channels.
- Developing and maintaining creative communication collateral including advertisements, publications, presentations and newsletters.
- Developing and maintaining local internal communications and social media channels
- Planning and managing local events.
- Managing external contractor engagement to support to the implementation of communication activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Qualification in journalism, PR, mass communications or marketing is required.
- Strong (local) Media relations experience is required ideally gained within a large, complex organization(s)
- Excellent written ability with high standards of oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and assess the sensitivities of certain corporate issues and information
- Experience in integrated communications strategy development
- Demonstrated ability in generating strategic content, including press releases, internal communications, newsletters, website content, speeches, presentations
Job Type: Full-time