The Retail Merchandiser is the connection between the sales floor and customers. The retail merchandiser will be responsible for stocking and rotating products, monitoring inventory, removing damaged or out-of-date products, setting up products, cleaning the area, and organizing product displays.
RESPONSIBLITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO
· Manage and delegate daily workloads.
· Travel to each assigned store in the state of Mississippi.
· Maintain area product presentation and inventory accuracy.
· Support the achievement of financial goals by communicating and collaborating with sales and management.
· Monitor inventory flow processes and service standards.
· Develop, communicate, and implement process and practices to meet business needs.
· Identify poor inventory practices and low in-stock levels.
· Adapt to changing work demands.
· Detect and analyze market trends.
· Move up and down a ladder.
· Read information, often in small print.
· Able to enter and locate information on computer.
· Fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. .
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Move, lift, carry and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Able to communicate effectively in person and by using telecommunication equipment.
· Create documents and reports.
· Safely operate large power equipment.
· Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work independently.
Some Polk’s products may contain the following allergens: SHELLFISH, CRAWFISH AND DAIRY (CHEEESE).
We produce Crawfish Boudin and Shrimp Boudin that contain the allergen crustacea. We also produce Summer Sausage with Cheese that contains the allergen Dairy. If you are allergic to either of these allergens, please make Human Resources aware.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Prior experience as a retail merchandiser, visual merchandiser, or similar.
Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
Professional and polite.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $700.00 per week
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Magee, MS 39111